At Rahm, Rahm & McVay, P.C., we offer counsel and representation to people across west central Missouri who have been wrongfully discharged from their employment or who have been illegally harassed or discriminated against in the workplace.
If you have lost your job and believe your employer's actions may have been illegal, we will provide a free evaluation of your potential case.
Missouri has an "employment-at-will" doctrine, which essentially means that either you or your employer can end the relationship without notice or giving a reason. An employer also has considerable latitude to establish its own policies for employees. However, there are state and federal laws in place to protect you against:
- Discrimination based on race, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or pregnancy
- Failure to pay all of the overtime owed and other failures to comply with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Retaliation against you — by termination, suspension or demotion — for objecting to or reporting illegal activity, filing a Workers' Compensation claim, or other actions protected under the law
- Sexual harassment in the workplace
- Whistle blowing - reporting of illegal conduct of an employer or supervisor that results in wrongful discharge
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements. We encourage you to investigate our reputation and standing in the legal community.